Deep Space Turtle Chase
Deep Space Turtle Chase was the best Minecraft adventure map ever created.
In order to properly install DSTC you will need to run the launcher at least once before beginning these steps.
While these steps look like a lot, they are really easy to follow.
- Open the launcher and click on installations then select new
- In the "Version" drop down box select
- Name the profile what you want and click "Save Profile"
- Run the profile you created once and then exit Minecraft and the Launcher
- Navigate to your .minecraft folder (Will be in your %appdata% folder on Windows and in your home folder on Linux)
- Create a folder called "bin"
- Navigate to the version folder and then into the
b1.8.1.jarinto the bin folder you created
- Rename the copied jar file to
minecraft.jar(This is case sensitive)
- Download the DSTC installer here.
- Once the download finishes, unzip the file
- Open your command prompt of choice and navigate to the folder the files were unzipped to
java -jar "Adventure Installer Not Windows.jar"
- Hit the next button to progress through the steps, you should not need to change anything
- Once the installer finishes, hit the done button to close it
- Open your
- In the bin folder, rename
- In the versions folder create a folder called DSTC
DSTCfolder you created
b1.8.1folder into the DSTC folder
- Rename the
DSTC.jsonwith your preferred text editor
- Were it says
"id": "b1.8.1"change it to say
- Find where it says
"sha1": "6b562463ccc2c7ff12ff350a2b04a67b3adcd37b"and change it to be
"sha1": "9d2bb653531d1124e3e4b2d9571015533ca96eec"Do not change the url that also has this hash in it
- Save and close the file
- Open the Minecraft launcher
- Click "Installations" and then new again
- Name it DSTC
- In the version drop down box scroll down to and select the "old_beta DSTC" version
- Click create and then start this version
- Under "Texture Packs" select the "Deep Space" texture pack
- In single player there should be a world called DeepSpaceTurtleChase
- Just open the world and you are ready to play
If you have issue, try deleting the DSTC version and repeat these steps.
If that does not work contact me.